1960s Vintage Gold Mohair Shift Dress Suit • Mother of the Bride • Berketex
Stunning 60s Muted gold sharkskin A-Line sleeveless sheath dress with matching coat. This is so stately and is typical of something the Queen would have worn to a meet and greet or day at the races. Very Royal Wedding!
- Made from a gold colour rich fabric that feels like a mohair wool silk mix. The dress is fully lined and has a high rounded neckline with pin tucked pleats forming a V shape at the waist. Metal zipper at the back. The coat fastens with 3 covered buttons at the top.
- VOLUP fit
- Gold silk mohair shift dress with coat
- 1960s vintage event cocktail shift dress with matching coat
- Fits: Volup.
- Label: Berketex famous for wedding clothes, bridal and special occasions.
- Material: There is no fabric label but it feels very much like a Raw silk and mohair wool blend
Measurements laid flat - edge to edge:
- Size on label reads: size 20, 42"bust, 44" hips (To ensure good fit, please compare with a similar garment of your own.)
- Hips - 44"
- Bust - 42"
- Waist - 36"
- Length - 36"
Condition: Excellent vintage condition generally except for an extremely subtle mark on the front of the skirt .
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.