1980s Vintage Droopy & Browns Victorian Style Hourglass Dress • size 8 • by Angela Holmes
Fabulously colourful printed dress by Alison Holmes at the wonderful London store, Droopy & Browns. Her dresses were made to go beyond time and were heavily influenced by former years, specifically Victorian with cinched in waistlines and oversized shoulders. This down could easily be worn today, it's so flattering, but if the shoulders were too much for you then you would be able to either take them out and make a sleeveless dress or make them narrower to suit you.
- Colourful abstract print by Alison Holmes
- Nipped in hourglass shaped waist with 5 front tapered panels down the front
- Emphasised shoulders with lots of shoulder padding
- Full flared skirt
- Back zipper fastening
- Cotton dress
- Vintage size 8 on label - but be warned this dress is teeny so please go by the measurements
- Waist: 24" absolute max
- Bust 32"
- Across shoulders to seams: 14"
- Back length: 46"
- Back to waist: 12"
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.