Men's Vintage Black Pinstripe 2 Piece Suit • 41 Chest • Aquascutum
Lovely classic 1960s/70s two piece pinstripe suit, single breasted wool suit for 41 Standard chest. Comprising of trousers and single breasted jacket with 3 button front.
- Single breasted jacket with 3 button fastening
- 2 front pockets with flaps and a breast pocket,
- Made by Aquascutum a very reputable tailors
- Twin side back vents
- Single pleat trousers with 2 side pockets, a back pocket, waistband adjuster
- Metal zip fly
- Buttons for braces
Measurements taken when laid flat edge to edge:
- 42" chest for best fit 41"
- 26.5" Sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff
- Across shoulders: 17.5"
- Back length: 30"
- Waist 34" max
- Inside leg: 32" with a 2" hem
In very good condition - the main fabric is great but the lining has a couple of tears, please see images. One on the shoulder which looks like it's been bondawebbed repaired and the central seam needs a few stitches. If I get time I will do it.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.