Layaway Terms, agreements and contract
Layaway is only available for Items over £150.
How It Works:
The following principles below make up the Terms & Conditions for any Layaway contract and related transactions entered into
- Contact us and let us know what you would like to place on Layaway.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required to put your items on Layaway.
- Once 20% deposit is paid, items will be placed on Hold/Layaway for you so it cannot be purchased by anyone else.
- We will set up mutually agreed regular payments for the remaining total through Paypal or card payment app for orders.
- We will set up to 4 equal payments for the remaining total via invoice.
- Record of Payment. A record of payments transaction history will always be available for both the merchant and buyer, recording all amounts paid to-date and the date and value of all future pending payments as per your agreed Layaway policy.
Storage and Identification of Layaway Products
Product’s on Layaway will be set aside and stored separately to other products.
What If I Need to Cancel? We understand real life happens, so if you need to cancel your layaway we will refund you your payments minus the 20% initial non-refundable deposit.
What If I Need to Return My Layaway Order? Any orders purchased on Layaway are subject to our Return Policy. Store Credit will be given for the purchase total minus the 20% deposit and we must be notified of the return within 48 hours.
How To Put Items on Layaway Please use our Contact form and list which items you would like to put on Layaway. We will send you an invoice for the 20% Deposit within 24 hours. (Usually we'll send it within a few hours, but we'll say 24 hours just in case)
Once your deposit is paid, we will put the item on Hold for you so it may not be purchased by anyone else. When final payment has been completed, your order will ship within 24-48 hours with Tracking/Shipping Confirmation.
Cancellation of Layaway by Buyer
The buyer may cancel their Layaway agreement form at any time prior to delivery of products by so advising seller in writing or if seller agrees. If a buyer cancels a Layaway, seller will, if so requested by the seller, give the buyer a “cancellation statement” which sets out-
a) The purchase price of the products; and
b) Advise customer of the cancellation fee payable to seller under all Layaway terms and conditions; and
c) The total amount paid under the Layaway; and
d) Any amount owing to either the buyer or seller under the layby terms on the cancellation of the Layaway. If seller does not accept the buyer’s oral cancellation it is obliged to give/send the buyer a duly completed Layaway Form of Cancellation immediately.
- Cancellation of Layaway by Seller. The seller under a Layaway must not cancel it unless –
- a) The buyer breaches a term of the Layaway ; or
b) The seller stops trading; or
c) The products are no longer available
Cancellation on breach by Buyer
If a buyer has breached a term of a Layaway and seller intends to cancel the Layaway , before doing so seller must –
a) Give the buyer notice of seller’s intention to cancel the Layaway; and
b) Allow the buyer at least 14 days within which to rectify the breach; and
c) The notice to be given has to be:I) in writing, sent to the buyer’s last known address, or, if the buyer so agrees, orally; and
II) must specify the breach of the Layaway for which the Layaway is being cancelled; and
III) must state the time within which the buyer must rectify the breach;
IV) must state the matters listed per below:* the purchase price of the products;
* all cancellation charges payable under the agreement; and
* the total amount paid under the Layaway;
* any amount owing to either the buyer or seller under the terms of the Layaway on the cancellation of the Lay-Buy.The Layaway is cancelled at the end of the period specified in the notice unless the buyer rectifies the breach before then or Seller agrees not to cancel it.
Cancellation where business closes
If Seller under a Layaway agreement proposes to stop trading before the agreement is completed, Seller must give notice of the proposal to the buyer and must either –
(a) allow the buyer 7 days within which to complete the agreement; and
(b) cancel the Layaway.
Cancellation where products not available
If the products are no longer available, Seller must cancel the Layaway and refund all monies to the buyer.
Effect of Cancellation
Subject to the above, when a Layaway is cancelled by either party, Seller must refund all money paid within 14 days.
Seller shall charge the buyer a £25 cancellation fee under the terms of all Layaway deals.
Banking Charges back Fees
The seller shall be entitled to pass-on to the buyer all charge back fees received by any given bank for any given customer charge back from any given Layaway deal.
The seller will only dispatch the buyer product/s after receiving the final installment payment for all Layaway deals.
14.1 This Agreement shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
14.2 This Agreement may be amended only by a written instrument duly executed by all parties hereto.
14.3 The parties hereby represent and warrant that each of them has full legal right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to carry out its obligations hereunder.
14.4 This Agreement may be executed simultaneously in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument.
14.5 Article headings contained herein are for reference purposes only and shall not in any way affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.