Vintage Gieves & Hawkes Navy Blue Silk Cummerbund with Belt Buckles
Gieves & Hawkes Navy Blue Silk Cummerbund Secured With 2 Belt Buckles
- Most unusual cummerbund - these were the style in the 1920s with inside pockets and secured by 2 straps with metal buckles and covered over with a flap held by hooks and eyes
- Navy blue silk with white silk lining
- 2 pockets hidden inside
- Made by the reputable tailors Gieves & Hawkes
- Most likely part of an officer's Naval uniform for mess dress or ceremonial
- The buckle holes on the belt straps and eye hooks have all been hand sewn
- 28" up to 30" at the narrowest part at the top of the waist
- Depth: 5.5"
- Condition: Excellent, really clean pristine.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.