Vintage Gieves & Hawkes Navy Blue Silk Cummerbund with Belt Buckles
Gieves & Hawkes Navy Blue Silk Cummerbund Secured With 2 Belt Buckles
- Most unusual cummerbund - these were the style in the 1920s with inside pockets and secured by 2 straps with metal buckles and covered over with a flap held by hooks and eyes
- Navy blue silk with white silk lining
- 2 pockets hidden inside
- Made by the reputable tailors Gieves & Hawkes
- Most likely part of an officer's Naval uniform for mess dress or ceremonial
- The buckle holes on the belt straps and eye hooks have all been hand sewn
- 28" up to 30" at the narrowest part at the top of the waist
- Depth: 5.5"
- Condition: Excellent, really clean pristine.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing