Rare Men's Vintage 60s Carnaby Street Dandy Double Breasted Jacket • Male by Paul
Rare Men's Vintage 1960s Carnaby Street, London boutique dandy Edwardian style double breasted corduroy jacket. This style of jacket was worn by all the 'in crowd', rock stars and actors and all who were part of the Modern dandy peacock revolution of the swinging sixties, in addition to the spoof movie character Austin Powers.
Men's clothing from this fashion and era are highly desirable and are rare to come across, they are increasing becoming collector's items or museum pieces.
- Label: Male by Paul
- 1960s biscuit colour corduroy double breasted jacket
- Double breasted fastening with 4 rows of buttons
- Three pocket front with flaps, one breast pocket
- Buttonholes on both lapels
- Fully lined
- Single centre rear vent
- Measures when laid flat edge to edge:
- 40" chest
- shoulder to shoulder seam 18"
- 24.5" sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff
- From collar seam to back hem 28.5"
- Condition: It's been a loved and worn often jacket, so is broken in but still very much wearable. Some foxing spots and marks along the folds of sleeves and edges, missing the left sleeve cuff button. There are a couple of pinholes, one on back vent the other on shoulder. Please examine images. This jacket has been dry cleaned.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.