Rare 1920s/30s Vintage Girl's Halloween Costume Dress • Ace of Clubs • Alice in Wonderland
- Black and white flapper dress.
- It has a cross over collar with the same fabric as the skirt contrasting to the black and also two large covered faux buttons. (I need to check whether there's popper behind)
- All hand made, gathered skirt, you can see the shape of the clubs on the underside where they've been stitched on.
- The sleeveless bodice top is black crepe.
- The gathered skirt is made from a full circle from a creamy white soft linen, it feels like silk so may be a blend.
- The black club patches are black silk.
Measures laid flat edge to edge:
- 11" across shoulders
- 24" waist
- 29" chest
- 10.5" nape to waist
- 11" waist to hem
There a wee hole from moth on the crepe top, see pix and the creamy white skirt has a few stains, where she has spilt a drink. I didn't wash it with it being crepe and silk.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing