1970s Vintage Origin Burgundy Wool Liberty Balloon Sleeve Dress
Absolutely fantastic 70s long sleeve, wool peasant dress by Origin with a deep burgundy paisley Liberty print fabric. Perfect dress for the Autumn. With fabulous balloon sleeves, fastening at a deep cuff, a high mandarin collar and a row of burgundy round buttons at the front, this wonderful dress also has pockets.
- Fitted bodice, gathered waist mid length skirt.
- Structured shoulder epaulets.
- Hidden zip in the back.
- Burgundy piping on trim.
- High neckline with button decoration down the bodice.
- British made by Origin label with Liberty print All wool fabric.
Measures laid flat edge to edge:
- Size 12 on label, pictured on a very tall 36" bust mannequin
- 34" Bust
- 12” Across shoulders
- 30" Waist
- 26" Sleeve length
- 16" Nape to waist
- 30.5" waist to hem length"
Condition: Excellent wearable condition, there is not a button at the very top neckline, but I don’t think there is meant to be one there.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.