1960s Vintage Designer Edward Mann Hemp Hat • Summer Hat
This is a wonderful lightweight 100% Woven hemp hat from the 1960s, with a typical deep crown and wide brim, that curls up at the edge. The hat is decorated with a cream striped grosgrain band around the base of the crown. The weave is beautiful and fine and smooth, with a shiny almost silky sheen to it.
The most gorgeous straw hat by Edward Mann, his work was worn by celebrities, rock and roll royalty and the utterly fabulous people of the 60s and 70s, such as Diana Rigg and Celia Hammond amongst others.
- Made with unlined 100% hemp, perfect for the environment.
- The crown is deep and the brim curls up at the edge.
- Cream crossgrain hat band with blue and red pin stripes..
- 60s Edward Mann hemp straw hat, made in England.
- Inner circumferance measures: 21.5”.
- From front brim to back: 15"
- Height approx 5".
- In good sturdy condition, lovely hat.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.