1960s Vintage Bronze Quilted Tootal Smoking Jacket Robe
Classic quilted vintage smoking jacket, dressing gown robe for men by the popular brand Tootal. This is quite unusual in that due to probably the result of a hot machine wash, it has created a really cool ombre effect to the bronze colour, but in my opinion has improved it rather than having a detrimental effect. One of those random happy accidents. You can see the gradual changes in shade from darker to lighter, in very subtle ways, seriously you would never manage to do this so nicely if you were trying to create it intentionally.
- Silky ombre bronze and black quilted robe.
- Men’s dressing gown.
- 2 front pockets edged with contrasting black.
- The collar and cuffs and lining are in a contrasting black.
- Made by Tootal, size Large on label but pictured on a 38” chest mannequin.
Measures laid flat - pictured on a 38" chest mani:
- Size to follow - remind me if I forget.
- " chest
- " across shoulders
- " sleeve length
- " length
- Very Good wearable condition the only issue is the ombre effect mentioned and a few straggly threads here and there.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing