1950s Blue Cotton Velvet Evening Cape with Faux Fur Collar
Cute little opera evening cape in a dusky cobalt blue cotton velvet with blue satin lining and a faux fur collar which is a later addition. If you examine all images you can see how it has been tacked onto the existing collar, so it could easily be removed if need be.
- Dramatic vintage evening velvet opera cape with silky soft lining and blue velvet outer.
- I have illustrated it accompanying a Medieval theatrical costume dress, which will be for sale on a seperate listing. ** Dress NOT included**
- Fastening at the neck.
- Fully lined with blue satin lining.
- Pictured on a 36" bust very, very tall mannequin, so I would say it sits at the knee. Length is 38".
- 17" across shoulders.
- The cape in general is in fair to good wearable condition, the lining is remarkably good but there is a small thin and marked patch, see all images.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing