1930s Vintage White Starched Marcella Mess Waistcoat • Formal Tuxedo Vest • 40"
Mens vintage backless Welmar white marcella waistcoat, tuxedo vest with square lapel collars - 40"
This is a traditional white backless Military Mess Dress waistcoat with elasticated adjustable back straps with a metal clip and adjustable neck with buttons. It is starched stiff like a board and is in great quality condition
- All cotton Dresswear 40”
- Marcella front with Square Lapel collar and 2 pockets
- Elasticated back adjuster belt is worn and repaired with metal findings
- The collar neckline adjusts with 2 buttons and 2 button holes on each
- 3 button holes for studs
- Elasticated loop to attach to trousers to prevent it riding up
- Width of front edge to edge 17"
- Front panel length to tip, excluding the neck strap (which is variable) 19”
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.