1930s Vintage Deco Silk Lamé Flapper Purse with Celluloid Frame • Flapper Handbag
- The colours are pinks, red, blue and gold.
- The metal lamé thread is gold.
- Celluloid frame with lamé ribbon handle.
- The interior is a dusky rose pink brocade with gold lamé lacey ribbon.
- The clasp is a raised celluloid button closing the two halves of th frame together.
- The fabric of the bag itself is a good size and quite long which the flapper girls loved and which is incredibly handy now with all our gizmos and gadgets.
- The frame measures: 7.5" x 4" excluding clasp
- The fabric body measures: 12" x 11"
Overall though the lamé is still metallic and glitters and the colours in the silk are vibrant.
The celluloid frame is in good condition and the clasp working fine, no issue to note.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing