1920s Vintage Blue Bohemian Czech Glass Nouveau Necklace
This incredible, authentic 1920s art nouveau Bohemian Czech glass bead necklace was made at the beginning of the last century by the famous Gablonz Jewellery Company from Czechoslovakia.
So typical of Nouveau art, it features a central brass lady with swirling hair, bejewelled with green faceted crystals and floral flourishes. It is highly detailed and simply a stunning showstopper. One either side of the centre pendant hang two smaller ladies with green, red and clear crystals embedded into the brass with a central flower above their heads which has an aqua blue faceted crystal.
- The brass pieces are articulated and attached with loops, from them hang several beaded blue glass chains which at their ends hang magnificent cut and moulded Czech glass pendant crystals.
- The largest glass pendant that hangs down from the centre of the middle brass lady is an amazing blue carved glass crystal faceted with a pointed end, this has shades of green merged into the glass too. This glass crystal is attached with a detailed bezel hangs from a green faceted bead.
- The other long glass drop pendants that hang from the central feature are shades of aqua and cobalt blue Czech glass.
- This has to be such a divine addition to your Czech glass and Art Nouveau collection, it is also one of a kind.
*** The necklace measurements TO FOLLOW. ***
- This exquisite piece of jewellery is without doubt a highly collectible, eye-catching statement necklace that will certainly get all eyes looking at you when you wear it.
- The reverse side show where the pieces were soldered, this is exactly how it was originally manufactured, but see images for illustration.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.