1920s Sapphire Blue Silk Velvet Opera Cape
Oh my, she wore blue velvet and wow what a luxurious glossy, soft silky velvet it is too. This beautiful cobalt blue 20s/30s evening opera evening cape with white silk satin lining and a ruched collar. It has two, long velvet ties at the front and the shoulders are gathered with oodles of glossy velvet fabric it falls beautifully when worn.
- Beautiful and dramatic vintage Deco evening velvet opera cape with silky soft and luscious blue velvet and ruched padded rounded collar.
- Long velvet ties fastening at the neck.
- It sits nicely on the shoulders and splays out for a dramatic sashay out of the room.
- Fully lined with creamy white satin lining.
- Slashes for your arms to peek through.
- Pictured on a 36" bust very, very tall mannequin, so I would say it sits well below the knee.
- The cape in general is in lovely condition, the lining is remarkably good but there is a small subtle yellowed patch, see images.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing