Vintage 40s Red Green Satin Brocade Pleated Evening Dress • 3 Piece Skirt Set • Tailor Made
Stunningly Vintage 40s Red & Green Satin Brocade cocktail outfit. This has been made by someone with superb tailoring sewing skills and the attention to detail is just perfection.
Beautiful crimson red satin brocade with contrasting emerald green floral pattern, lovely heavy fall to the quality fabric. This set comprises of a long pleated evening skirt with matching raglan sleeve top and matching pleated cummerbund belt. Gorgeous, really striking beautifully bespoke hand made matching top and skirt, really super quality make and fabric. Perfect for a special occasion, evening wear or even daywear.
- Raglan sleeve top with plunging V neckline both front and back
- hidden metal size zipper
- shaped sleeves with pleated tucks at the elbow
- Press stud loops to keep bra straps in place.
- Full length skirt with pleating fitted over the hips and then flaring out to a full elegant skirt with generous drapes of fabric
- hidden metal side zipper fastening
- the waist band has hooks and stitched eye loops with a couple of inches extra length to allow for size adjustments if needed
- Matching boned cummerbund which fastens with 3 hooks and stitched eye loops.
Measures laid flat edge to edge, pictured on a 36 bust mannequin:
- Bust: 36" (bear in mind this is measured edge to edge of a raglan batwing sleeve) Best fit 36/38" bust
- Waist: 28"
- Hip: 40"
- Waist: 26"
- Length: 41"
- Hip" 50"
- Cummerbund: 28"
Condition: Excellent - this evening dress is a stunner, absolutely fabulous even the seams have been seamed under!
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing