1960s Vintage Tweed Check Double Breasted Coat with Fox Trim Collar
Beautiful thick vintage winter double breasted full length coat with a thick plush foxy fur collar, A Modessa Design made in Denmark.
- Double breasted coat with mahoosive think horn buttons, with a spare button too.
- Loose wraparound belt ties in the middle to fit to your own waist.
- Large front pockets with big flap overs.
- Button on the cuffs.
- Made in Denmark.
- This plaid tweed wool.
- Fox fur collar.
- Rear kick vent in the centre.
- Brown, beige and cinnamon plaid pattern to the weave.
MEASURES when laid flat edge to edge
- 42" Bust
- 40" waist
- 17" across shoulders
- 24" sleeve length
- 41" back length
Overall in lovely wearable condition, there are a few stress pulls to the lining on one of the sleeves and it looks like a repair to the vent lining has been done at some point too - see pix. Other than that it's gorgeous.
It's very heavy, just tipping 2kg
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing