1970s Vintage Pinafore and Short Dress Simplicity 6162 Dressmaking Pattern
Vintage 1970s Pinafore & dress vintage pattern
- ©1973; Young Junior/Teen's and Misses' Pinafore and Short Dress (Approximate Length of Dress is 30" for Young Junior/Teens'
- 34" for Misses'): (Including Tissue Lesson Chart ... "How-to Make Gathers").
- The dress V. 1 with high round neckline has collar, short sleeves gathered to elastic casings, back zipper and optional button trim.
- The pinafore V. 1 & 2 with skirt gathered to lined bodice above normal waistline has square neckline, back button closing, self fabric tie ends and ruffle trim. V. 2 has contrasting bodice, ruffles and tie ends.
- Size: 12 Bust: 34
- Condition: Complete with instructions, outer envelope showing some signs of wear and tear.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing