1950s Blue Velvet Opera Coat • Swing Coat • Duster
- I suspect at some point it would have had a fur collar as there are a couple of stitched loops on the front of the coat to attach it, either that or some sort of decorative brooch perhaps.
- Fastens with a large covered button, off centre just below the neckline.
- Bracelet length feature sleeves.
- Fully lined.
- Rounded neckline.
- Swing coat.
- Underarm bust edge to edge: 44" (pictured on a 36" bust mannequin)
- 50" hip
- 15.5" across shoulders
- Back length from collar seam to hem: 39"
- Sleeve length: 16.5"
You are welcome to collect or try on from my shop in Somerton, UK.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.