Vintage 1950s Green Cocktail Dress with Bolero • Prom Gown • Circle Skirt
- Metal zip back fastening
- Shiny green tafetta with white silk lining
- No label, bespoke designer made
- Layers of stiff net underskirts and starched calico
- Fitted waist ideal 1950s New Look silhouette
- Bolero jacket with glass pearly buttons fitted to just under the bust
The manni is a 36" bust and the back of the dress wouldn't quite do up all the way to the top but waist fitted fine and so did the jacket.
- Bust - 36"
- Under bust - 26"
- Bust - 34"
- Waist - 24"
- Hips - flare out
- Waist to hem length - 27"
- Back to waist - 7"
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.