1960s Vintage Designer Halston Nan Duskin Straw Hat • Equestrian Topper • Bowler Hat
I can totally see Bianca Jagger wearing this wonderful hat.
The Nan Duskin store in Philadelphia was named after its founder, opened in February 1927 and closed its doors in 1994. Duskin started in fashion retail at the Philadelphia branch of Bonwit Teller, and later moved to The Blum Store before opening her own up-market establishment in her name where she sold all the best labels.
- To add to this particular hats mystique, it was also personally owned by Madame Vernier who was a renowned milliner in her own respect. I have a few other of her hats from her own collection listed here.
- Straw equestrian style bowler hat with cream net veil.
- Cream crossgrain hat band.
- Curled brim.
- 60s Halston straw hat.
- Nan Duskin Philadelphia
- Inner circumferance measures: 21.5".
- From front brim to back: 11.5"
- Height approx 4.5".
- In good sturdy condition, lovely hat, the band is a little crinkled but the hat is still wonderful.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.