1950s Blue Cotton Velvet Evening Cape with Faux Fur Collar
Cute little opera evening cape in a dusky cobalt blue cotton velvet with blue satin lining and a faux fur collar which is a later addition. If you examine all images you can see how it has been tacked onto the existing collar, so it could easily be removed if need be.
- Dramatic vintage evening velvet opera cape with silky soft lining and blue velvet outer.
- I have illustrated it accompanying a Medieval theatrical costume dress, which will be for sale on a seperate listing. ** Dress NOT included**
- Fastening at the neck.
- Fully lined with blue satin lining.
- Pictured on a 36" bust very, very tall mannequin, so I would say it sits at the knee. Length is 38".
- 17" across shoulders.
- The cape in general is in fair to good wearable condition, the lining is remarkably good but there is a small thin and marked patch, see all images.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.