1920s Sapphire Blue Silk Velvet Opera Cape
Oh my, she wore blue velvet and wow what a luxurious glossy, soft silky velvet it is too. This beautiful cobalt blue 20s/30s evening opera evening cape with white silk satin lining and a ruched collar. It has two, long velvet ties at the front and the shoulders are gathered with oodles of glossy velvet fabric it falls beautifully when worn.
- Beautiful and dramatic vintage Deco evening velvet opera cape with silky soft and luscious blue velvet and ruched padded rounded collar.
- Long velvet ties fastening at the neck.
- It sits nicely on the shoulders and splays out for a dramatic sashay out of the room.
- Fully lined with creamy white satin lining.
- Slashes for your arms to peek through.
- Pictured on a 36" bust very, very tall mannequin, so I would say it sits well below the knee.
- The cape in general is in lovely condition, the lining is remarkably good but there is a small subtle yellowed patch, see images.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they’re usually smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing.
To compare measurements with sizes click the pink side tab on the right of the screen.