Vintage Laura Ashley Midnight Blue Velvet Victorian Coat Dress • Size 12
Vintage 1980s Amazing lush midnight blue velvet Laura Ashley Victorian cassock style coat dress, with high mandarin collar edged with blue silk taffeta, long sleeves with gathered shoulders with thirteen two tone taffeta covered buttons all the way down the front fastening. This particular design dress is stunning and very rare to find.
- This is a very sought after Russian vibe Laura Ashley velvet dress which is Edwardian/Victorian equestrian riding coat influenced, it's glam goth chic meets Wuthering Heights - it truly is Laura Ashley at her best
- Long fully length sleeves with pleated gathers at the shoulder, wrist fastens with a taffeta covered button and cuffs are edged with same fabric, the detail is wonderful on this very special garment
- The body is tailored to fit snug to your shape emphasising an hourglass silhouette. At the sides of the waist there is generous pleating which splays downwards giving volume and flared shape to the skirt
- Fully lined
- Laura Ashley cotton mix velvet coat dress
- Rich sumptuous, Midnight blue, full length velvet coat dress
MEASURES laid flat edge to edge:
- Vintage size 12 on label
- Bust: 36"
- Waist: 30"
- Hip: 36"
- Sleeve length: 24"
CONDITION: Excellent condition.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.