Women's Vintage 80s Beige Linen Suit Bespoke Made at Valentino Studio Italy
Vintage 1980s 3 piece Linen & Silk Skirt & Jacket Suit which was bespoke made in the designer Valentino studios in Rome for the lady who I got it from. She wore it to meet the Queen in the 1980s. Although it does not have a label to verify that, but hopefully the design and superior quality will speak for itself. Even the poppers are covered in fabric!
Absolutely stunning iconic 3 piece beige (ecru) linen suit made at the Valentino studio in Rome, Early 1980s, the style is so very Jackie Kennedy or Tippi Hedren in a Hitchcock movie
- Comprising of a short puffed sleeve jacket, camisole and fully lined skirt
- Jacket with silk bow detail that matches the camisole top
- Linen covered spherical buttons
- Covered press studs
- Leg of mutton short sleeves on the jacket
- Knee length silk lined pencil skirt
- Silk vest top, made from matching silk to the decorative bow on the jacket with elasticated waist
- Picture photograph shows the lady it was made for, wearing it to meet the Queen in 1981 when she visited India
- Size Petite 8-10 (measurements to follow)
- In beautiful condition, just a few pale spots here and there which may come out on further cleaning.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.