1980s Vintage Emerald Green Droopy & Browns Edwardian Style Dress • by Angela Holmes
- Dress by Alison Holmes in the Edwardian style of a day dress, high fitted up the front bodice, 3/4 sleeves with deep turn ups and large pockets that hang open.
- This dress is so flattering, with horizontal pin tucks on the bodice.
- Fitted at the waist then the skirt billows out, this is a Droopy & Browns signature style having masses of fabric in the skirt.
- Emphasised padded shoulders with lots of padding
- Full flared skirt.
- Back zipper fastening and a wide tie belt to make a bow.
- Emerald green, jewel colour heavy cotton dress. This is a heavy dress, made with yards of thick cotton.
- Size 10 on label - but please go by the measurements.
- Waist: 28"
- Bust 34"
- Across shoulders to seams: 12.5"
- Waist to hem skirt length: 36.5"
- Neck to waist: 15"
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.