Antique Victorian Reversable Black Satin Skirt • Lace Velvet Satin Skirt
Very interesting antique Victorian skirt in that it is double sided, there are two skirts in one, on one side it is covered in lace and velvet ribbon and on the other when you turn it inside out is luxurious black duchess silk satin with lace braiding and frills at the hem. The lace on the lacey side is shot and in shreds but the satin side is in great condition.
- Beautiful silk satin A line Victorian mourning skirt on one side with applique black lace in a zig-zag pattern of a floral design
- There is also a deep pleated frill in black silk
- On the other side the skirt is covered in a fine lace with a design that looks like coffee beans, there is also a chevron of silk velvet ribbon with a deep taffeta hem. The lace is torn in a few places, personally I would remove it and recycle the good parts along with the silk velvet ribbon and wear the skirt with satin side as the outer
- MEASURES when laid flat edge to edge
- 24" waist stretches to 35" and draws as small as you need it.
- Hip free
- 29" length
Very good antique condition. The satin side is In great wearable condition but the lace is shredded on the other side and will need replacing or removing. Personally I would just remove and wear the satin side only.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.