1800s Original Antique Victorian Black Silk Knit Stockings
Antique Victorian 1800s Black Silk Knit Stockings
- Original Victorian shaped stockings produced from black silk with woven clocks to the ankle
- Beautiful soft and luxurious to the touch silk knit hose which were exclusively for the well heeled elite who could afford such luxury items
- Black silk knit which was much more expensive because it stretches to fit and cling elegantly to the leg
- Although they sit just above the knee on the mannequin, I have to point out she is over 6' tall with exceedingly long legs. I am 5' 2" and they sit high up on my thighs
- SIZE: The stockings measure 9" from toe to heel, and 30" from heel to hem
- Condition: In superb excellent condition, the only thing I can see is a tiny hole in the seam near the ankle, but this could easily be stiched
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing
All items will be sold 'As Is'. Most items are either; dry cleaned,steam cleaned, hand washed or put through the washer unless they arrive in good order or are too old and fragile or otherwise noted.
If they're likely to have attracted a moth then they go straight in the freezer for a few days to kill eggs, this is especially so with fur.
We describe these items to the best of our ability. We check each item carefully and will try to list any notable flaws. These are vintage items and wear consistent with age is normal and should be expected.
Items may be larger or smaller than my mannequin or model and may be clipped or pinned to show fit.
1. PRISTINE :
In our opinion vintage garment possibly in original packaging, never used. – mint condition as new and may have original labels or in original packaging These items will not be unpacked or washed as it would compromise their originality, therefore they may have fading, staining or other issues from years of storage.
The item has been worn but is in a perfect or near perfect vintage condition.
3. VERY GOOD :
Worn, with some general, but minimal signs of wear.
4. GOOD :
Will show signs of wear possibly needing a small repair or missing a button.
5. WORN :
Well worn with signs of wear such as a tear, several missing buttons or areas of staining.
6. POOR :
Not fit for wear, but a useful item for research or display.