1960s Vintage Silk Green & Purple Striped Sharkskin Cocktail Dress
Wonderful vintage 60s evening maxi dress with gorgeous jewel colours in emerald green and purple striped raw silk. Green bodice with scooped neckline that sits slightly lower on the back, and is curved up at the front to elongate the appearance of the skirt, giving a flattering length to the leg.
- 3/4 length sleeves decorated with frills in the striped silk.
- Rear metal zip fastening.
- Made by Donerica of Mayfair London, very posh!
- Beautiful emerald green and purple mohair silk, sharkskin.
- Maxi dress.
Measurements laid flat edge to edge: pictured on a 36" bust mannequin
- Bust 36"
- Waist 28"
- Shoulders 16"
- Shoulder to waist length 14"
- Waist to hem 40"
- Excellent condition.
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing