1930s Vintage White Starched Marcella Mess Waistcoat • Formal Tuxedo Vest • 40"
Mens vintage backless Welmar white marcella waistcoat, tuxedo vest with square lapel collars - 40"
This is a traditional white backless Military Mess Dress waistcoat with elasticated adjustable back straps with a metal clip and adjustable neck with buttons. It is starched stiff like a board and is in great quality condition
- All cotton Dresswear 40”
- Marcella front with Square Lapel collar and 2 pockets
- Elasticated back adjuster belt is worn and repaired with metal findings
- The collar neckline adjusts with 2 buttons and 2 button holes on each
- 3 button holes for studs
- Elasticated loop to attach to trousers to prevent it riding up
- Width of front edge to edge 17"
- Front panel length to tip, excluding the neck strap (which is variable) 19”
Vintage sizing is very different to modern day sizes, they usually are at least 2 sizes smaller depending on the era of manufacture. So to ensure a good fit please go by the measurements provided. I measure the garment laid flat edge to absolute edge then double, which give the maximum, you will need to measure your own clothes to compare sizing